The IGNITE Infrastructure Association Inc. (IGNITE) is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. IGNITE recognizes the interest of its members in the confidentiality of their personal and organizational information. IGNITE only maintains personal and organizational information that is relevant to IGNITE activities and seeks to maintain accurate, complete, and timely information.
The security of personal and organizational information is important to IGNITE. IGNITE maintains all personal data with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. No computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. IGNITE provides reasonable and appropriate security controls to protect personal information against foreseeable hazards.
IGNITE maintains member databases that contain mailing, billing, and member profile information, as well as a record of each member’s product and service purchases. IGNITE also maintains databases of member and non-member purchases and of registrations for conferences and other IGNITE activities. The information in these databases is used by authorized IGNITE staff members to process orders; mail invoices, purchases, renewal notices, and announcements; respond to member inquiries; and help us improve our offerings. Member records are maintained as long as an individual or an organization is an IGNITE member and for two years following a membership lapse. Purchases and credit card transactions are retained for as long as appropriate to meet contractual, tax, or auditing needs.
All personally and organizational identifiable information contained in IGNITE membership, purchase, and registration databases is treated as confidential and will be used only for the purposes stated in this policy, except where required by law.
Just like any other record keeper, IGNITE may be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal process. This includes a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. Disclosures may also be appropriate to protect IGNITE’s legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. These disclosures are possible although unlikely.
IGNITE does not sell, rent, or exchange email addresses of its members. IGNITE uses email addresses to send the following:
1. “Must Have” messages that help to service IGNITE members including answers to member questions; acknowledgments of the receipt of membership applications, renewal notices, and other orders.
2. Occasional “Member Update” announcements about IGNITE services that we believe to be of some importance to members. These announcements are short, straightforward messages that contain pointers to online resources where members can explore the information more fully.
3. Email messaging that is part of a program for which the member has registered (e.g. an IGNITE Digital Library early alert email system).
4. Email distribution lists targeted at IGNITE groups (e.g. special interest group members, chapter officers, etc.). Only IGNITE headquarters staff can create and support “IGNITE.org” email distribution lists. All IGNITE created and supported email distribution lists have “unsubscribe” instructions.
Postal Mail Policies
IGNITE provides four [postal] mailing list options to its members:
1. IGNITE Subscription & Renewal Notices Only: receive only products subscribed to plus renewal invoices.
2. IGNITE Announcements: information about IGNITE’s Member Program, Calls for Papers, Advance Conference Programs, Local Chapter Announcements.
3. IGNITE Announcements & Alliance Member Announcements: receive all of the above plus mailings from Alliance member organizations.
4. IGNITE Announcements, Alliance Member Announcements, and selected Information Technology offers: receive all of the above, plus selected non-IGNITE future technologies which offer opportunities for long-term strategy development. (This is the default option for members). In order to update your postal tolerance you will need to contact IGNITE’s Member Services Department by phone: 905-448-2408, 1-800-407-9181, fax: 905-432-9969, or email support.
IGNITE Web Site
This policy applies to the “IGNITEProgram.org” Web site maintained by IGNITE Infrastructure Association Inc.
Other than in the restricted-access portions of IGNITE’s site that requires an IGNITE Web Account, IGNITE does not log the identity of visitors. However, we may keep access logs, for example containing a visitor’s IP address and search queries. We may analyze log files periodically to help maintain and improve our Web site and enforce our online service polices. Cookies are only set when users visit restricted portions of our website. Raw log files are treated as confidential and retained for no longer than two years.
IGNITE Web Account Policy
Some portions of the IGNITE Web site, specifically the IGNITE Digital Library, require an IGNITE Web Account for members. To create an account, IGNITE members must provide their name, IGNITE member number (if applicable), and email address. They are assigned a “username” (which they may change) and asked to create a password (for account verification purposes).
If you have any questions or comments on the above policy please direct them to support.